Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seattle to Falls Church

It is hard to believe Jed and I left Seattle a month and a half ago (on September 3, 2010)!  Traveling cross-country with your eight-week old child and two dogs is quite an adventure.  There were many laughs and tears along the way (tears usually coming from Hosea and I).  We arrived in our new Falls Church, VA home on October 4, 2010.  After a month of road tripping and two weeks of living in a new place, I am confident that starting a blog is a healthy thing for me to do, for two main reasons...time management and sanity. 
#1 - Time Management - Everyone wants to know what we've been up to, how we're doing, and see pictures of Hosea.  Oh how I long to e-mail, call, text, and facebook responses to these requests, but I never seem to find the time.  For someone who is an activator and takes pride in being on top of everything, I have had some serious humbling since Hosea was born.  My to-do list has shrunk.  Well, maybe it hasn't shrunk, but the amount of items I am able to cross off the to-do list each day has.  I realize that a blog is far less personal than a phone call or personal email, but I hope readers/viewers will forgive us. 
#2 - Sanity - This East Coast adventure definitely is an adventure and I couldn’t be more excited to be sharing it with my best friend, Jed.  That being said, leaving our Seattle community, a city and people we dearly love, has been challenging.  We hope this blog will be a place where we can reflect, think aloud, share joys and sorrows, and process through things we are learning and wrestling with.       

“May the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, our Rock and our Redeemer.”  Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment