Monday, November 8, 2010

Jazzercise changes lives!

Since moving to Virginia, Jed and I have made a pledge to "operation fitness" and have been following through in various ways - walking (lots of this with two babies and two dogs), longboarding (I gave Jed a sweet one for his b-day), and workout videos.  Workout videos, in particular, have been a good choice for a more physically demanding workout, as we spend a significant chunk of the day indoors as the kiddos nap.  In the past, I have worked out using various videos- yoga, pilates, Tae-Bo with Billy Blanks, and (my personal favorite) Paula Abdul's "Get Up and Dance". I was familiar with "Jazzercise" because of Linda Schubring's demos of the moves, however I had yet to attend a class or use a Jazzercise video, until 2 weeks ago.
Upon receiving a local Northern VA librabry card, we checked out a "boot camp fitness" and post-pregnancy Jazzercise DVDs.  The post-prego one contained excercises to do with your baby, so I was drawn to that one. Hosea and I both enjoyed the video and I definitely got a workout.  In finding an even closer library, with an even better DVD library, I discovered many more Jazzercise videos.  Boy, did I strike gold with another of the Jazzercise corporation hits called "Street Jazz!", learning street jam movements incorporating jazz dance, hip hop and funk.  Check out the cover...who wouldn't rent it?!
After my cheerleading/dance career, I figured this would give me a chance to rekindle my love for street jam movements.  Yeah!!!  So, the workout was actually quite fun and challenging.  I've only done it once so far, but I think I would like to renew it so I can MASTER the moves.  Jed really likes watching me do this video.  :)  I have to admit that it is a bit cheesy, however, it gets the heart rate up.  I have no idea how these people smile the entire time.  Even as a former cheerleader, I found it a bit excessive. 
Tonight, I searched the web to find additional Street Jazz Jazzercise videos.  I stumbled upon this! 
I sat completely STUNNED as Jed made laughing sounds I have NEVER heard him make before.  Please watcth the ENTIRE video...it is worth every second of your precious time.  My waistline got a workout from laughing! 

Jazzercise - Move your Boogie Body 1982


"HOTDOG!"

3 comments:

  1. Love that video! Hilarious! My mom used to do that kind of stuff. what were they thinking back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly choked on my oatmeal! I neeeed one of those leotards. Stupendous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!! Absolutely hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete