Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our silly little boy

Hosea has been trying lots of new foods, mostly pureed ones, as he has a strong gag reflex and prefers breastfeeding to solid foods.  We are slowly introducing him to more tastes and textures.  He has tried apples, pears, plums, mangoes, carrots, peas, pumpkin, banana, watermelon, avocadoes, mashed potatoes, and honeydew.  He has also had some rice cereal and oatmeal cereal mixed into his purees, but he's not a huge fan of them.  It's hard to tell which foods Hosea likes until he is a few bites in, because he makes the face below to the first few bites of EVERY new food we give him.  He is so funny!  His favorite food is pumpkin puree (good thing Jed and I cooked, pureed, and froze our 20 lb pumpkin from the fall) and his least favorite is peas.  He gagged terribly and spit them out.  I hope he'll come around because I love peas.  :)

I posted an earlier blog entitled, "When I grow up...," featuring a video of the funny faces Hosea makes, where he looks like a silent movie actor or a fish.  Well, he's still doing this signature face, so I just had to post another video...we took it on St. Patrick's Day.  I mean, honestly, he is hilarious! 

Hosea has also been crawling a lot.  Soon, I will post a video of his crawling method of choice = "the worm."  I haven't been able to capture it.  He always crawls the best when I don't have our camera nearby.  I wanted to post this video, however, which shows how he likes to move backwards and takes breaks during crawling to dance.  This baby NEVER stops moving. 



1 comment: